Monday 17 May 2010

post-election

"What we need is a total revolution of the heart. What we need is honesty and open hands, fierce truth in new voices.
I have no country but myself, my country is my body, my nation is my mind, my parliament is peopled by dreams and legislates desires and acts always unilaterally. Everything is potentially acceptable to me, everything open. I will forget everything, everything, everything, and renounce it all except for a few key, lasting, burning, painfully pure principles. There are no countries, there is only what is present. I am inherent, persisting, immanent; god and the devil have fallen silent, fallen far behind, i remember them like figures from an old, sordid pantomime, a cheap cartoon, a Punch and Judy show put on for imbeciles. This is moral, this contains all morality, this moment, and all time is within it, all thought and fantasy.
I have no country other than the ground i happen to stand on. All the flags are beautiful fluttering thoughts, and all of them are irrelevant and insipid, and all of them are nonsense. Vulgar, vigorous, lovely, like children's games. Must i become what i am represented, expected to be? Let's get rid of these idiocies once and for all. I happened to emerge somewhere in this foggy, dew-bedecked, forsaken realm. I never think of my origins, only of my destination, and the journey along the way."

No comments: