Sunday 16 October 2016

More yours than his own


"Anyway I'm meant to be grateful, open, loving to you, and am, all these things and more. But I have doubts and hesitations, not extending back into the past but only to the here and now. Since I've given you everything, every ridiculous, stupid hope and dream, left them to shatter, to be ignored or cherished by you, to be left or taken up as you see fit. I was thinking of before I met you, how I was just the same yet different. I was thinking of what you mean to me and I saw and understood how deep it was, how light, diffident, constructive, and full, all at the same time. Nothing could ever be inappropriate between us. Everything I offer you is appropriate, will be and has been.

How right the Buddha was when he said that desire leads to suffering. But I don't care, I'll take all the desire and all the suffering, if that's what it takes.

I don't know about anyone else, or about the future. I only know about me, and about right now. And I know what I want. I know that much.

More yours than his own, etc,

m".

No comments: