Friday 4 March 2011

conversation friday night

"What I need to do really is go to sleep at night, but I slept most of the day, like a fool, dreaming Nietzschean syllogisms." "And they are?"
"Well I was thinking about a quote I read, "what is possible is natural". But if you think about it, a lot of things are possible, murder, rape, cannibalism, genocide are possible, but are they natural?"
"Well, plastic surgery is for sure not natural" "Well, good point, but it is possible. Anyway, that's what my dreams were full of, Nietzschean riddles about possibility and nature. I woke up, it was sunset, six o clock.
... One is forced to the conclusion, after all, that all of the above is natural, and that even the end of the world, being possible, is natural. It's the only conclusion.
So do not fear the end of the world my friend, embrace it like a lover, knowing how inevitable it is, how sound and right".
"You really got me thinking". "Good."

No comments: