Wednesday 8 June 2011

ice of your mind

Penetrate the ice of your mind. Crack the pool. Allow the fear to well up. If the spirit were liquid then drink it. Reconciliation must come to pass. If the soul were a pool then bathe in it. If a sea, drown in it. Crack that old ice. Get down to fresh water.
Deep down there is pure water. Water the old men would weep for. Water to make the devil shrivel. To make your belly exalt, to put lightning in your veins.
Sometimes it is good to immerse your head in liquid.
"I dress in black my face a mask/money in the bank.
I nod at the words of men/I have never met.
(This is a parody). My tongue is full of lies,
Like swallowing bile. ... but I stand above the sea
And my eyes are open. And I see far into the day,
And I feel in my heart vague poundings/which suggest ideas
And reminiscences. My soul snatches at something,
And, on some instant, misses nothing.
I am only wise when rubber-stamping images of death.
Images: Beguiling and trapping me."

No comments: