Sunday 10 August 2008

Oh sweet apathy. Shield me from thought. O blessed torpor, revelations send endlessly in halting dreams. Short line briefly crossed, my own personal pain wallowed in. I am cut off... It's true i have purposely cut myself off from society, quite concretely and with much forethought.
I have thrown off religion and have stumbled into clumsy and unseemly agnosticism, really the hallmark of the age- (No strident atheism or vicious fundamentalism for me). I have thrown off control, and i live lawless, a germ of freedom in my solitary heart.
I will not prostrate myself before the codes of law, and Hammurabi's pillar
Is only like the aggressive hard-on of an old fool:
Laughable, unimportant, now impotent. I pledge allegiance only to my empty self;
I burn all banners and tarnish all earthly idols.

No comments: